“The brave who focus on all things good and all things beautiful and all things true, even the small, who give thanks for it and discover joy even in the here and now, they are the change agents who bring fullest Light to all the world. We lay the soil of our hard loves open to the rain of grace and let joy penetrate our cracked and dry places, let joy soak into our broken skin and deep crevices, life grows. How can this not be the best thing for our world? For us? The clouds open when we mouth thanks.” One Thousand Gifts- Ann Voskamp pg. 58
One gift stitched, one woven, one hammered
- the little nose of my teddy bear that has seen me through a lot
- red, plaid, flannel sheets
- a dark wood fence, snow piled high on the posts and beams
3 gifts found outside
- frozen-frost covered trees
- cold wind in my hair
- geese flying overhead in a perfect ‘V’
3 gifts of red
- a silver-haired lady with a red hat
- red socks(Christmas print…I can’t bring myself to put them away yet)
One gift broken, one fixed, one thrifted
- a happy sunshiney daisy in a table bouquet…broken, yet beautiful.
- the mug Amy brought me from PNG – glued back together and very useful
- a thrifted glass bowl with fruit
3 unexpected graces -surprises
- time spent with Raul(the owner of one of my very favorite local coffee shops) swapping life stories and encouragement.
- a bloodorange moon hanging low in the sky. One of my favorite things in the sky!
3 times you heard laughter
- Kip laughing as I tickle him
- a round jolly man simply enjoying life
- a baby laughing at her mommy’s antics
3 gifts found in working
- a sweet, hospitable, black lady serving in a hotel breakfast room
- a man whistling to himself as he shined glasses. …enjoy work!
- a man cleaning a table while sharing a laugh with a friend
3 hard eucharisteos
- saying “goodbye”…that means I got to say hi.
- living paycheck to paycheck…learning to trust and be responsible.
- cold wind late at night when I go out to my car…warmer weather will be here soon!
3 gifts found behind a door
- a warm, bright blue robe
- 2 Turkish girls in brightly colored clothes; smiling and saying my name in excitement
- a room full of beautiful, diverse, ESL students, heads bent in study
3 ways you feel the Love of God
- in a hug from Soo-Jeong
- in a moment of head-to-toe warmth from sunshine
- a quiet stillness amidst chaos as I smell a bouquet of flowers…yes, He loves me 🙂
3 gifts- one in finding, one in losing, one in making
- a vintage Curious George book on sale at ARC
- losing sleep over journaling. It is good to name gifts.
- bubbling gratin in a corningware dish
3 gifts in shadows
- a man pacing in the big wooden doorway of a beautiful stone church
- a nod and a smile from the man under the blue cap. I wonder what his story is…I wish I had taken the time to find out.
- lines formed by bare limbs over snowy ground
3 gifts found giving/serving
- a door held for me by a gentleman
- a bag of steaming ramen shared with my Korean girls. The smiles and chopsticks flew!
- a beautiful white-haired head of Grandmom bent over a laundry basket
3 gifts on paper
- a card and envelope covered in cutesy Korean stickers accompanied by words of love and appreciation
- splatters of stuff in my new cookbook(possibly the most useful gift ever!)
- polariod pictures!
3 gifts that were Plan B’s
- uh…so I failed on the whole Plan B things. So here are just 3 gifts of today.
- newborn, Miles, forehead wrinkles
- Emma Holt: “I am thankful God made trees for me to climb….” Finding joy in an everyday thing we see
- a griddle filled with grilled cheese sandwhiches
A gift at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- a really full, unexpectedly cheap, cup of joe
- a letter from Faith!
- apple cinnamon calzone with vanilla ice cream melting all over it , shared with a friend
3 gifts of white
- full, wonderful white foam on a macadamia/coconut latte…heaven, I say.
- a mason jar full of milk
- stringy white clouds light by the moon